powered by Atomz.com
Bridgend Association of Voluntary Organisations
BAVO is the umbrella organisation supporting and promoting voluntary organisations in Bridgend County Borough, South Wales, UK.
BAVO is a membership organisation with membership open to all voluntary and community groups working or based in Bridgend County Borough. We are a registered charity managed by an executive committee elected from our membership.
Office opening hours:
Mondays to Thursdays: 9am - 5pm
Fridays: 9am - 4.30pm
112-113 Commercial Street
T: 01656 810400
Fax: 01656 812151
Company no: 07691764
Charity registration no: 1146543
BAVO is the umbrella organisation for voluntary activity throughout the county borough of Bridgend, supporting, developing and representing voluntary organisations, volunteers and communities.
Looking for information on voluntary services in Bridgend County Borough?
- A voluntary group seeking advice on available funding?
- Thinking of starting a new group and need help with how to begin?
- Have some spare time on your hands and would like to volunteer?
- A community or voluntary group wishing to recruit volunteers?
- Or perhaps you wish to expand your learning through informal training?
We can help you with all this, and MORE! To find out how, use the navigation menus to browse our site and click on the Contact us button to get in touch.
For more information on our BAVO staff team, visit the 'About us' page
Funding is received from:
- The Welsh Government through Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA);
- Bridgend County Borough Council;
- ABMU Local Health Board;
- The Big Lottery, for our Funding Development Team and advice service, Siaradwn Ni - Let's Talk programme and the Community Companions Befriending for over 50s scheme;
- European Social Fund and European Regional Development Fund.
In addition to the money we receive to support voluntary groups, we also have responsibility for distributing grants to voluntary and community groups for a wide range of projects.
The 'community grants' we make are on behalf of the Welsh Government from money allocated to community regeneration.
New BAVO general information leaflet
Working with voluntary organisations, community groups and volunteers throughout Bridgend County Borough, download our new general BAVO information guide:
Help fundraise for BAVO! Do your on-line shopping with hundreds of high street retailers literally at your finger tips, click here to help!
Voluntary sector resource for Bridgend County Borough
BAVO's head office was opened on 10 August 2007. Over 100 people attended the event and visited our new Voluntary Sector Resource for the county borough, based in Maesteg. The building was made possible through substantial funding from the Welsh Government's CFAP funding programme and the Big Lottery to whom we are very grateful.
Office space suitable for meetings, training, service delivery / outreach sessions is available, for more information contact BAVO on 01656 810400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Black Cat Design 2009 - All rights reserved.