Community Shares FREE information session with BAVO and Wales Co-operative Society
Date published: 22/11/2018
Is your group a sports club or community centre in Bridgend County Borough?
Thinking of taking on your building?
Have you heard of Community Shares?
Come and find out how Community Shares may be what you need to take on the responsibility of running your sports facility or community building.
Date: Wednesday 12 December 2018 from 5.30 - 7.30pm
Venue: St Brides Minor Memorial Hall and Institute, Bridgend Road, Bryncoch, Bryncethin, Bridgend, CF32 9TA
ADVANCE BOOKING NECESSARY.
A Community Shares scheme is one way of:
- saving and/or transforming local community facilities;
- raising money to finance a project;
- funding new sports clubs;
- financing renewable energy developments.
Community shares schemes are democratically run and give control to the community of investors, who could be your local geographical or sporting community. Anyone can choose to invest and each investor has a say in the management of the scheme, no matter how large or small their investment. Because of this a Community Shares scheme is a great way of funding projects with a specific community in mind.
Community Shares schemes can:
- provide unrestricted funding to help cover core running costs or capital requirements;
- develop an engaged supporter base;
- open up new income streams;
- help your group become more sustainable.
We also hope to have a speaker from a local group who have successfully used a Community Shares Scheme.
To book your place (ADVANCE BOOKING NECESSARY) please complete and return the attached booking form here >>>
For further details contact BAVO, T: 01656 810400 or E: email@example.com
Return to news list